This page has moved to a new address.

One more day...

Ever Evolving Primate: Travel, photography, food, cooking, and just about anything else.: One more day...

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

One more day...

...and this semester's a wrap.

I remember final exams being the last week of school at home. Here the exams were the second to last week, which means that this last week of the semester has been fairly worthless. The kids aren't interested at all (and the way they study for exams here I'd attribute it 100% to just being worn out and tired) in learning any more material, and they're ready for a break. Interestingly, I'm not really interested in teaching anything new this week, and I'm ready for a break too. Next week we're having our summer English camp at the middle school, though so my break will have to wait.

Summer English camp is a way to help students continue their English education after the regular semester ends. The idea is for the classes to be very fun and enjoyable and 100% in English. On the first day, my classes will get to play Fallout. The second day will be "Let's Make a Deal", and the third day is going to be my special production of "Superstar Daejin" where the kids will sing and judge each other's abilities American Idol style. I think it should be a fun three days and that the students will enjoy it quite a bit.

After middle school summer camp I'm spending a week at Babehoney's school doing camp there, and then I'm "on vacation" even though I have to come sit in the office every day for a week. After that, it's Bali time!

Tonight we're heading downtown to hopefully get a new powercord for Carolyn's computer. Hopefully we'll have time to stop at the Kyobo bookstore while we're there, I'd like to pick up a paperback novel to take to the beach with us this weekend. I think we're going to have dinner at Italy Italy because we're both craving a good pasta with a ton of cheese on top :).

It's very quiet in the office right now, and it definitely feels like the semester is winding down for the summer. I apologize for the stream of conscience style of writing, but my brain seems to have checked out for the summer :).

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home