This page has moved to a new address.

Various Books, Movies, and Video Games

Ever Evolving Primate: Travel, photography, food, cooking, and just about anything else.: Various Books, Movies, and Video Games

Thursday, May 26, 2011

Various Books, Movies, and Video Games

This blog post has nothing to do with Korea, it has to do with some of the stuff I like to do to entertain myself on the subway, before bed, between school and taekwondo, etc. If you find it boring, you suck.

Thor (PS3): This game plays just like an "all fighting all the time" Yakuza game would. It's fun, but it doesn't hold your interest super well and the graphics aren't up to the quality of most other games. I love the classic SEGA feel too it, and the story isn't totally lame. I give it a 7/10. It's passable.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (PS3): This game plays just like every other call of duty game. It's pretty great. The story mode is really nice, but I don't think I'll get too far into the online mode, I've got Battlefield: Bad Company 2 and Call of Duty: Black Ops for online. This game may be old news, but I'll give it a 9.5/10 for being the rockinest game I've purchased since moving to Korea.

Percy Jackson and the Olympians (Book series): Excellent writing, innovative way to tell a story based on Greek mythology, and easy to read. I think everyone should read the series. I think kids should especially read the series, it's a great way to get interested in some classics like Homer's Odyssey. Awesome. I give it a 10/10.

5 Ronin (Marvel Comic Book Series): I've only read the first two books, but it's interesting. I like the idea of the 5 heroes as Samurai without their full blown totally unreal superpowers. The art style kinda emulates sumi brush painting, and it's all in an interesting setting. The storyline might be super cliche, but I dig it.

Classic Controller (Wii): This makes the fun old games on virtual console so much cooler. It feels about like an old SNES controller did. For $15 or so every Wii household should have one or two. 10/10

Green Lantern Volume 5 (DC Comics Series): Once again, old news, but awesome character. I think the Green Lantern is my favorite of the DC heroes for sure. 9.5/10

Steak flavored Cheetos (Korean Cheetos): Don't really taste like steak or cheetos. If you're really hungry they'll do 6/10.

Happy Cow (Restaurant): We don't really know the name of the restaurant, we just call it the happy cow because of the big happy cartoon cow on the window (about to get his ass slapped on a grill and burned). We eat here lots, usually fo less than $15 US and fill up on fresh veggies and beautiful heaps of kalbi. Yummo (we went there tonight!). 10/10

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home