This page has moved to a new address.

Korean Health Care

Ever Evolving Primate: Travel, photography, food, cooking, and just about anything else.: Korean Health Care

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Korean Health Care

One pleasant upside to living in Korea is the health care system, or at least it sure seems that way after my first trip to a doctor. At home I'd go to the doctor, tell them my symptoms, they might listen to me breathe or something, and then I'd go get a prescription filled. When my doctor first sent me for a battery of tests for asthma it took 6 months to make all the appointments and get results, and was very expensive. I had to redo all of those tests. It took about 2 hours and cost about $40 or so. The prescriptions (same ones) I would get filled at home for $90 (crappy insurance plan) cost about $14 to get filled here. I'm amazed at how fast, efficient, and seemingly smart the health care system is here, and I look forward to a day where we might have one just as easy to use at home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home