This page has moved to a new address.

The Holiday Post

Ever Evolving Primate: Travel, photography, food, cooking, and just about anything else.: The Holiday Post

Monday, December 27, 2010

The Holiday Post

Ah, the holidays. What a great time of year. We were lucky enough to get some crisp, cold weather and have family nearby. The only problem was that my lady was up with her family (we decided to each see our own families for the holidays because next year it probably won't be feasible.) Not having her around has definitely made the holidays a little bit less awesome, but ceterus parabus, everything else has been great. Since my gal headed up to see her family, I've been left a) carless, and b) with a ton of spare time around the house. In this case a + b = c, and c = time to play some video games.

I finished Battlefield: Bad Company a week ago or so, and for Christmas Santa brought me Battlefield: Bad Company 2 and was nice enough to download the Vietnam expansion pack for me! The single-player campaign of Bad Company 2 is by far the best first person shooter campaign I've played yet, and I really love the way they make fun of the Call of Duty franchise here and there. This game really doesn't take itself too seriously at all, and then when the one guy says that they should just do the mission themselves because "they'll send in special ops douchebags with pussy-ass heart monitors on their guns"  I laughed pretty hard. I've only played the demo section of Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2, but that section had the heart monitors, and I thought it was kinda weak.

The Vietnam multiplayer pack just came out a week ago or so, and I've got to say I like it just as much as the campaign, which is saying quite a bit because I really like the single player campaign! It took me a few rounds to find a strategy that works, but it seems like what you need to do is what real soldiers (US, NVA, or VC) did in the conflict. Find cover, move slowly so as to not be easily spotted, and pick your shots. I actually had my kill/death ratio over 1.00 for most rounds I've played, and that's just silly because I typically suck at online multiplayer games. I've also found that by aiming slowly and firing in short bursts I can even pull off some great long range stuff with assault rifles. The soundtrack is great for the Vietnam expansion, and the squad-based play format is fun and engaging. I'd say this is by far the best online multiplayer experience I've had yet, and keep in mind that includes Uncharted 2, which has a great multiplayer component.

In unrelated news, I got a flu-shot today and my arm is sore and I'm going to lunch with my dad tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home