This page has moved to a new address.

Oops.

Ever Evolving Primate: Travel, photography, food, cooking, and just about anything else.: Oops.

Thursday, February 9, 2012

Oops.

I gained about 12 pounds while I was in the U.S. I've only been back in Korea for about a week, and I've lost 4 and a half or so. I think the combination of those tasty unhealthy foods I love at home (and a lot of them) along with the lesser activity associated with riding in cars is the big culprit.

Since we've been back, both Carolyn and I have been taking salads to school for lunch instead of eating the provided lunches (which aren't so healthy...unless oil, tons of carbs, and not-so-lean meats are healthy now) and getting our cardio time in the evenings (Just Dance 3 totally counts as cardio, it makes me sore too) and as soon as I'm in that routine a little more solidly I plan to add in a weight free workout for myself in the morning. I wouldn't mind looking a little more like a spartan from 300 only slightly less muscular this summer on the beach.

I've even (get this) managed to break my diet soda addiction. I've been working just fine, maybe even better than usual, on nothing more than a cup of coffee in the morning. We've got a pretty strong routine of up at 6:45am or 7:00am and down in bed by 10:00pm going right now, and it feels good and healthy.

If we stick with this we should be able to include pictures of ourselves on vacation this year. Wahoo!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home