This page has moved to a new address.

Snarky letters to people in the neighborhood.

Ever Evolving Primate: Travel, photography, food, cooking, and just about anything else.: Snarky letters to people in the neighborhood.

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Snarky letters to people in the neighborhood.

Here are a few letters I wish I would actually write to people who would actually read them.

Dear neighborhood kids,
Look, let's be honest. You're pretty cute. In fact, you're so cute that I don't want to see you get run over by a car. Please don't run out into the street without looking anymore. You do it all the time. To make it worse you do it while you're talking on your cell phone. I'm not saying people here drive particularly badly, but you give them no chance to stop, and I really, really don't want to hear the thud or see your little body get smashed by a car.
Love,
Charlie Teacher.

Dear lady in the Hyundai who almost killed 4 people in the crosswalk today,
Learn how to drive without using your fucking GPS. You ran a red light today and went straight through a busy crosswalk. You're lucky you didn't kill anyone. I'm lucky I saw you coming. If you can't pay attention well enough to not run through a red light more than 5 seconds after it changed, maybe you should take the bus or subway. I hear Daegu has a great public transit system.
Your neighbor,
Charlie

Dear old man on the bicycle in front of the grocery store,
I know that as an old man you're the king of the land here, and I'm honestly cool with it, but the sidewalks here are really, really wide. If you and I are the only ones on the sidewalk do you have to ride your bike so close to me and my groceries? Also, could you not spit at the exact same time that you pass me? There was a good 10 feet of open space you could have used and spit with no concern about spraying anyone. Is it really asking that much?
Your neighbor,
Charlie

That's all for today. I don't know how I haven't witnessed a terrible car vs. pedestrian accident yet, but on the way to the post office I saw like 4 of them almost happen. The old man on the bicycle was kinda the icing on the cake for scary traffic action today. Eek.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home