This page has moved to a new address.

An evening at the anus cinemas

Ever Evolving Primate: Travel, photography, food, cooking, and just about anything else.: An evening at the anus cinemas

Sunday, March 25, 2012

An evening at the anus cinemas


 It's not what you think. I promise. Last night Carolyn and I were hoping to go downtown to see the new Clash of the Titans movie or Chronicle or one of the many movies we haven't seen yet. We went to our favorite theater, the CGV cinema in the Lotte Young Plaza downtown. That theater is nice. Big screens, big chairs (US standard size), stadium seating, etc. They didn't have either of the movies we wanted to see, so we went across the street to the Anus cinemas. Okay, I think it's "Cinus" but man does their logo look like it says Anus. We bought 2 tickets to see Chronicle and went out for dinner at the "Lazy Diner: A Taste of America" which did genuinely have the feel of an American casual dining establishment.

The Anus Cinema sign.

After dinner we headed back over to the movie theater, headed up to the 6th floor, and went into the theater. I was amazed at how small it was. The screen was approximately the size of a 5x7 notecard, and there were only about 10 rows of seats packed tightly together. It reminded me a little bit of the $1.00 movie at home, but it wasn't $1.00.

I should point out I took a picture of the entire screen with my iPod.

Carolyn is always happy with any situation.

I wasn't so thrilled with the theater.

Anyhow, the movie was good and after it started I felt a little bit less ripped off for the 8,000wons tickets. I thought the movie was pretty good. It definitely wasn't what I expected, so that's kinda cool. I like it when the preview doesn't tell you everything about the movie you're about to watch.

Before the movie, I should mention, we went into an eyeglasses store. We thought glasses here were pretty cheap. Last year we both bought new glasses for about $100 each. Last night we each bought 2 new pairs. My total bill was less than $18, and Carolyn's was less than $40. And we like our new glasses better than the old ones. Can't beat that.

So to wrap this wildly informative and exciting post up, I can say that if you go to the Anus cinemas in downtown Daegu, you should expect to see your movie projected onto a 5x7 card. Also it's warm in the theater, so don't wear that extra layer.

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home