This page has moved to a new address.

Dynamic Korea!

Ever Evolving Primate: Travel, photography, food, cooking, and just about anything else.: Dynamic Korea!

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Dynamic Korea!

They call it Dynamic Korea for a reason, and for expats living here "Dynamic Korea" is a euphemism for "my schedule just got changed and nobody told me about it. It happened to me this morning. I walked into my classroom for first period and the students looked at me and said "Chal-lie teacher?" and I nodded and smiled, continuing to get my USB drive out ready to do my lesson, then one of the students said "Chal-lie teacher, we ah scheduled for math this period." And I said...really? Smiled, ran back to the office to check, and sure enough, Math! So I had the first hour off. Many of the expats here don't take kindly to this kind of unplanned schedule change, but I figure what the hell, when in Rome Daegu, do as the Romans Daegu Citizens do. It's really kind of fun because every day is a new adventure and you never know just what to expect.

I also found out that next month I'll have an after school class. I'm pretty excited about this as it's usually for the more advanced kids and I have complete academic freedom. I found out that this excitement means I want to start planning now, but I've run into a bit of a lesson planner's block. I want them to do a play, have a debate, or otherwise do something that will force them to speak a LOT and hopefully increase their fluency. I'm sure I'll come up with something.

Anyway, there's the muse of the day.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home